We always aim to provide a high standard of service, which takes into account the individual needs and circumstances of our clients. Whilst we hope that we will exceed your expectations, we accept that this might not always be the case. If you are unhappy with the standard of service you have received, you should tell us.
How to make a complaint
Should you wish to make a complaint, you can do so in writing or you can speak directly with the Complaints Manager, whose contact details are:
Name: Mr Christopher Germaine
Telephone: 0161 250 7771
Address: 3rd Floor, Oakland House, Talbot Road, Manchester, M16 0PQ
Alternatively, you may complain directly to the person dealing with your matter.
When making a complaint in writing, please include all of your details including any file reference if you have one. You should set out clearly:
- why you are dissatisfied
- what steps you would like us to take
If you require help with making a complaint, please let us know so that we can try to help you.
How we deal with complaints
We treat all complaints very seriously and you can be sure that all complaints are dealt with professionally, sensitively and with integrity.
When investigating your complaint, we will:
- review your complaint with your file and any other related documents
- speak directly with the person that dealt with your matter
- where necessary, organise a meeting with you to discuss the complaint
We will inform you in writing of the outcome of our investigations and the decision reached.
Where the person complaining purports to do so on behalf of a client we will as an initial step write to the client directly to validate the complaint. We can never write to a third party directly, without first securing client authority to do so.
If your complaint is upheld, we will apologise and set out what steps we intend to take to put things right.
You may appeal our decision (or our proposed remedial steps) by contacting the Complaints Manager.
Appeals will either be dealt with by another senior person at this firm (who has not previously been involved), or another independent person where appropriate. We will ask for your permission before sending details of your complaint to a third party.
The person dealing with the appeal will review the first decision (which may involve further investigation) and confirm to you in writing the outcome of the appeal.
We aim to:
- Acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days of receipt
- Investigate your complaint fully within 7 working days of acknowledgment of the complaint
- Send our decision to you in writing within 14 days of acknowledgement of the complaint.
If you appeal our decision, we aim to write to you setting out the outcome of the appeal within 14 days of receiving your appeal.
We reserve the right to decline to investigate any complaint where the matter complained about arose more than a year previously (or more than 1 year from the date you had knowledge of the issue that is complained about).
Ensuring the problem is solved
If you have exhausted our internal complaints procedure and are still not happy with the outcome, you can refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
- by post at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
- by telephone: 0300 555 0333, or
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Legal Ombudsman scheme has certain rules, including that:
- you are only eligible if you are an individual, trust or very small company,
- you should refer your complaint within 6 months of our final written response to your complaint and, in any event, within 1 year of the act you are complaining about (or 1 year from when you had knowledge of the cause of your complaint).
More information can be found at www.legalombudsman.org.uk
The Legal Ombudsman service is free of charge.
Alternatively, The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic. You can contact the SRA:
- by post at The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham, B1 1RN
- by telephone: 0370 606 2555
- by email: email@example.com
More information can be found at www.sra.org.uk