Child Arrangement Order
These orders can be applied by:
- If you have lived with the child for at least 3 years in the last 5 years.
- The parties to the marriage where the children are a party to the family.
- If you have the consent of all those who have Parental Responsibility (See: the Parental Responsibility section below).
- If there is a Child Arrangement Order in place and you have the consent of all the people, the children live with.
- If the children are in care you can make an application if the Local Authority consent.
These orders can be applied:
1. If you have lived with the child for at least three years in the last five years;
2. The parties to the marriage where the children are a party to the family;
3. If you have the consent of all those who have Parental Responsibility (See: Parental Responsibility section);
4. If there is a Child Arrangement Order in place and you have the consent of all the people the children live with;
5. If the children are in care, you can make an application if the Local Authority consent.
If you do not fall into the above categories, please do not worry as this does not automatically prevent you from making such an application. We would consider the circumstances of your case and where appropriate, we would prepare a formal application seeking the Court’s permission for you to proceed with the application. The Court will consider factors such as the merits of your application, connection to the children and if any such application would cause the children harm.;
Residence Order (inc Shared Residence Order)This is an Order that settles the issues in regards to who the children should live with.
Prohibited Steps OrderThis is an Order that prevents (‘prohibits’) the other parent from making a certain decision regarding the children’s upbringing. This would mean that you would be prohibiting
Contact OrderThis is an Order that settles the issues in regards to who the children shall have contact with and what other types of contact are to take place (i.e. phone calls).
Specific Issues OrderThis is an Order that considers disagreements regarding specific issues about the children’s upbringing. In example, where the children go to school, what religion they practice or whether they should have a specific medical procedure
Parental Responsibility OrderIf you hold parental responsibility you have “all the rights, duties, powers, responsibilities and authority which by law a parent of a child has in relation to the child and his property”. These types of applications commonly arise for unmarried fathers who want to share the parental responsibility held by the mother.
Parental Responsibility ('PR')
- Entering into a PR Agreement with the child’s mother - We can draft this for you and have it registered.
- We can obtain a Child Arrangement Order from the Court which can also have the effect of determining who the children are to live and have contact with.
- We can obtain a Parental Responsibility Order.
- Jointly registering yourself on the birth certificate with the mother.
Rights for Grandparents
Call now for our experts to help you
|0161 250 7771||
||07546 785 771
(24 hour helpline)
Expert Legal Assistance
Head of Family Law Department
|Azhar is an experienced, intelligent and dedicated professional, with a proven track record that includes high net worth clientele. He has developed his career within the competitive London legal sector and regularly advises on issues arising from the breakdown of a relationship. Including but not limited to: separation, children and financial affairs.|