We can assist you with your financial arrangements following the end of your relationship.CONTACT US
High Net Worth Divorces
Financial Provision Calculation
- The income and capital resources available (existing or reasonably foreseeable in the future)
- Financial needs, including:
- The ages of the parties and the period they have been married;
- The standard of living enjoyed by the parties; and
- Any disabilities.
- Further factors are:
- In exceptional circumstances, the conduct of a party;
- The contributions made by each party; and
- Any benefits a party will lose because of the divorce.
The starting point will be 50% - 50% split. This is appropriate where the assets provide sufficiently for the parties and children. In some circumstances, unequal division may be necessary, and the parties can argue as to why they consider that a greater share of the assets should be received by them. If possible, the Court will try to achieve a clean break, so the parties are not financially reliant on each other in the future. The types of Orders that can be applied for are:
- Maintenance Pending Suit: This order is an interim order for your ex-partner to make regular payments to you whilst the financial proceedings are on-going.
- Legal services Order: This order can be where the Court order your ex-partner to pay money towards your legal costs.
- Maintenance Payments: This order would require your partner to make regular payments for a fixed period or on an on-going basis.
- Lump Sum Payments: This order would grant a lump sum payment from your ex-partner which would be payable together or in installments.
- Property Adjustment Orders: This order can include orders to sell, transfer or settle in trust the property for you or your children’s benefit.
- Compensation for loss of Pension Rights/Orders – This order can include a sharing or attachment order for entitlements.
- Child Maintenance: This order can be for periodical payments for the maintenance of the child.
Call now for assistance
|0161 250 7771||
||07546 785 771
(24 hour helpline)
Expert Legal Assistance – Financial Settlements
All reviews comes from Trustpilot
Approach a divorce financial settlement in the right way
Resolving who gets what at the end of a partnership can be a messy affair. But we make it faster and simpler. Get the support you need to move on now.
Reach a financial settlement without further pain
The break-up of a marriage or civil partnership can be extremely draining. You’re dealing with intense emotions and a complex relationship history, and it may be difficult to untangle the property, debt, and finances that you have together. There are often disagreements too. That’s why we use our vast family law experience – as well as our sensitive approach – to prove what you’re due and get exactly what you’re entitled to.
From living arrangements and child maintenance to dividing up assets and outstanding debts, Optimal Solicitors get right to the heart of what you’ve shared as a couple – and how it should be separated. We give a fast, thorough assessment of everything you’ve achieved together, to make sure that your case isn’t open to further questions or delays. We also build a sympathetic understanding of how you got to this point and why the divorce or dissolution may have happened.
In the vast majority of cases, we’ll settle before court. Yet if we have to take things further, we will – even preparing a decree nisi to make the separation itself legal if necessary. When you choose Optimal, you’ll get the confidence you need to start afresh.
We’ll help you reach an agreement
No matter how high tensions are between you and your partner, there’s usually light at the end of the tunnel. To get there, we’ll explain what you must prove. Our initial consultation is free of charge, then we can meet and begin to draw the facts together. We’ll walk you through the entire process towards a resolution, and even represent you during any dialogue with your partner’s legal team.
True specialists in divorce financial settlements
When it comes to a split, people rarely share the same level of ownership and earning power. One of you may be dealing with health concerns, or hold more childcare responsibilities. Meanwhile, you may disagree on what to do with shared assets – for instance, whether to sell a property, keep it, or transfer ownership. Only an experienced legal team can sift through the detail, focusing on what matters most to you.
Optimal know where the balance lies. We’ll learn more about your contributions over the years, which decisions you made together, and what your long-term financial prospects were before the break-up. Our expertise in family law helps us do what’s best for you and any children, including the arrangement of maintenance payments.
Often, it’s wise to resolve financial settlements before divorce proceedings begin, so you’re dealing with one thing at a time. We’ll examine many factors as we propose an agreement, such as:
- The standard of living you had during the partnership, regardless of the income you brought directly into the household.
- The non-monetary responsibilities you took charge of, such as childcare, housekeeping, errands, and transport.
- Maintenance payments for a child who is only living with one of you for the foreseeable future.
- Any sudden withholding of a joint account that affects your basic living expenses.
- Shared business interests or rental property you both own.
- How long the partnership lasted and your respective ages (this may limit the chances of remarriage or achieving more financial independence).
We’ve helped thousands of people, just like you, get the best outcome
Why Optimal Solicitors
For over a decade, we’ve been moving clients towards a quick, legally binding resolution, using our experience in other legal areas to handle complex cases. It doesn’t matter whether you’re married, have a cohabitation or nuptial agreement, or have never made formal commitments for shared assets before – we’ll work tirelessly to prove precisely what you’re owed.
If you want to discuss childcare, property rights, or the full particulars of civil partnership entitlements, you can get a free consultation with a dedicated member of our team. We’ll adapt ourselves to your requirements and never leave you out of the conversation. Speed, clarity, and empathy – that’s what you need for a swift end to this painful period. And that’s exactly what we offer.
Optimal are committed to making legal aid accessible and trustworthy from the start. That’s why we never charge for our first consultation. Ask us anything, and know your rights before taking things further.