Buying a new home is an exciting time, regardless of whether you are a first-time buyer, a landlord, or are moving to a longed-for forever home. But, it can also be stressful. Failing to carry out the proper steps could be a costly mistake and could even lead to the transaction falling through.
Regardless of the circumstances, no two transactions are the same, so it’s vital that you choose a law firm with experience in property law.
With experience of all types of conveyancing - from simple to complex - at Optimal Solicitors, we pride ourselves on delivering a professional and personal service.
Making your purchase as cost-effective and hassle-free as possible, we guide you smoothly through the process. And our expert and friendly conveyancing team is always here to answer any questions that you may have.
What’s more, because we know how stressful buying a home can be, rather than making matters worse and confusing you with legal jargon, we provide the very best legal advice delivered in plain English.
Ultimately, we get you settled into your new home as soon, and with as little stress, as possible.
We can help you
Call us on 0161 250 7771 or contact our friendly, expert team to find out how we can help you.
|0161 250 7771||
||07546 785 771
How it works
- We start the processes by reviewing the contract paperwork
- We then ask the seller’s solicitor any initial questions you might have about the property and the sale
- We will thoroughly investigate the legal title and submit conveyancing searches to the local authority, water authority, and environmental agency
- At the same time, we will carry out any other necessary searches depending on the location of the property
- Once we have the results of these searches, we will report the findings to you, and work with you and the seller’s solicitor to resolve any issues
- Once your mortgage offer has come through we can advise you on this and explain the terms to you. We will then ask you to sign the mortgage deed
- We will draft a Transfer Deed which transfers ownership of the property from the seller to you
- We agree on a moving date with the seller’s solicitor (making sure this is convenient for you)
- We exchange contracts with the seller’s solicitor
- We will request mortgage funds from your lender
- On the completion date, we transfer the funds for the purchase of the property to the seller’s solicitors and ensure the property is signed over to you
- We arrange for the keys to be released to you (this usually happens about lunchtime)
- We continue to work for you to deal with the post-completion aspects of the transaction including sending the Transfer Deed to the land registry and paying stamp duty on your behalf.
Our Conveyancing Experts
Head of Conveyancing Team
|Jennifer heads up the Conveyancing team, and is an attentive and accomplished Property Lawyer, having qualified in 2005 and specialising in all areas of Residential Conveyancing. Jennifer has acted for both private clients and Investors alike, in buying and selling Freehold and Leasehold homes, and property portfolio investment and re-mortgage work. Jennifer is also highly experienced in more complex matters, dealing with shared ownership homes, new build developments and lease variations.|